To practice for softer reasons at softer paces in softer spaces:
1. Can you afford to break down any barriers between your work and the audience? (monetary, language, accessibility, etc.)
2. What can you gain, that is not money, from the work?
3. Who, that is not you, can gain from the work?
4. Can you remove yourself from the center of the work?
5. Does the work consider its impact on our planet?
6. Does the work consider your politics?
7. Does the work reflect your understanding of the responsibility of being human?
8. Have you learned all you can from the work before presenting it as finished?
9. In what ways have you grown or changed from older work, and are you proud of these changes?
10. Can you afford to rest?
Read more in A Soft Manifesto on The Creative Independent